Thursday, October 30, 2008

Walk to remember - Sahyadri Collge - 2

Sometimes we used to end up spending the 'bus ticket' money over 'kashaya' & 'vada' in canteen. With no money left for bus, we used to take "Nataraja service"..!! Well… in simple words its called 'walking'. Don’t know how this nataraja service relats with walking, but I have seen many using it. Manu is the guy who introduced me to this word..! Initially it felt really difficult to walk 4 kms at a strech, but with 4-5 guys around & talking all nonsense, it was a "walk to remember". I guess this is where we got into this habbit of walking long distance, which continued in bangalore too… Another highlight of going back home from collage was the cycle ride of Guru & Ramu..! There were really made for each other..!! Guru is about 6'+ & Ramu is much shorter.. :) They will come "doubles" on a cycle. I wonder how many teens will go to collage on bicycle now..?! Remember… I am talking about Degree collage here.
In the evenings I used to get along with my PU classmates & play football in nehru stadium. One day evening I injured myself & next morning I had this big white plaster on my left arm…with a sling. As I didn’t wanted to miss the chemistry lab, I went to collage in afternoon. Well… there were few usual questions about how? When? Where?....Once I came out the lab, I saw Manu & Guru approching me. I still remember Manu's response once he saw my plaster. He came to me with a big smile, said 'WOW"… then promtly took a pen & wrote "Get well Soon" on the plaster. He also took my sling & put it around his neck, put his hands into it as his hand is fractured & with a big grin he said "Lets go to Canteen"…!! No how…why…where…when…! He knew I play football & exactly knew what might have happened. Or might have heard from someone. But we became famous… for he using the sling & me having the plaster..!!

1 comment:

Prashant Toragal said...

Reeee, Poorthi heasaru Toragal antha ..!!

bhat avara blog alli link sikthu. Chennagi ide. keep writing.


-Pasha