Friday, November 7, 2008

SLAPPED..! Sahyadri Collage - 4

For collage "talents day" we decided to play a drama. Me & Manu played a 'almost' beggars role in this…… & this became an instant hit in collage. Me & Manu got 'kind of' identity in campus… not because of our acting, but for the fact that though we played beggar role, we could not convince anyone that we were hungry beggars 'coz of our sizes..!! We both looked well fed. So… what was supposed to be a 'drama' turned out to be a "comedy drama" & everyone thought we did this purposely..! I guess our skit steal the show for another reason. Our classmate Suma who was playing my wives role in this was supposed to slap me in this skit. She was a real talented actress. During rehearsals this slap scene will go without a slap & we had convinced her that atleast on stage she has to slap me…slowly. But on the D-day I really got a SLAP..!! Suma really didn’t mean it, but her finger marks were clearly visible on my cheek..! I clearly remember that moment, the whole audience going silent for a moment, then clapping hysterically for the natural acting (or may be seeing I get slapped) & I, feeling dizzy that moment.
When we went side screens after finishing, poor girl came to my crying & telling me she was sorry. But me & Manu knew how popular that slap going to be…. & it was.
It was a coincidence that me & Suma both dropped out of BSc approximately a month after our talent..! She went to join postal service & I joined GTTC, Mysore. In a way I was happy 'coz I was going to study what I was willing to, but it was really difficult to depart from close friends. One year @ Sahyadri collage is what I remember as my collage days…this one year @ sahyadri collage is what I remember as the place where I made close friends… this one year @ sahyadri collage is what I remember as the place where I made friends for life…

3 comments:

Vishwanath.N said...

Reminds me of my college days--- will post my sister abt the slap event,I'm sure she will like it... LOL

Ravikiran Gopalakrishna said...

I guess she knows about it...! Yeh... though it was a hard slap, thats what bought us fame..! So... cant complain much..! :)

Prashant Toragal said...

Ohh.. tumbha chennagi ide...!! good to know that you all had enough fun in your college days. I missed it.. coz joined gttc after 10th... :)